View Single Post
Old 18th July 2017, 10:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Some of the responses on Facebook are mental.

One person was complaining that Arrow were deliberately cutting extras. People tried to point out that all those bonus materials were liscenced by Scream factory and Arrow may not have been able to get the rights. On top of that, Arrow probably spent a lot of the budget getting access to the Negatives. Scream used the inter-positives which would have been a cheaper option but I'd rather Arrow spent the money on the film itself!
I don't know the ins and outs of this particular release, but I suspect it was a case of either/or in terms of budget - and the opportunity to create brand new extras (such as a feature-length documentary) was more tempting. Especially given how well other similarly lengthy Arrow-commissioned docs on Donnie Darko and Phenomena have been received.

Arrow has worked in collaboration with Shout Factory in the past, for instance on To Live and Die in L.A. where Arrow did the restoration and Shout did the extras, but since Shout's The Thing was already out there this was presumably a much less practical option.