View Single Post
Old 1st September 2017, 09:39 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Texas chainsaw massacre

One of the greatest horror films ever made. As I'm working class and northern I'm headed down to B&Q to buy a chainsaw and realise James Ferman's darkest fears (Just kidding!!). Nope, it's been over 15 years since this was legally available and I'm yet to see a power tool rampage.

Texas chainsaw massacre 2

A film Hooper wasn't initially interested in making. As part of Cannon pictures the chances of getting another craftily made horror that's not as violent as it seems was nil. So Hooper took the film and gave Cannon what it wanted. In contrast to a lot of the right leaning action pictures Cannon was shitting out on a regular basis, single handily giving Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson careers in the 80's, TCM2 is pretty much a satire on 80's America and Reaganomics.
A lot of people expecting a retread of part one hate the film. Its always been pretty divisive. For me though its hysterical. From using the saw as a penis substitute, to the cook running a successful Chilli empire and feeding the public the victims his family harvests at night, to Nam land and Nubbins, its a film that makes me chuckle.
Wasn't there a chainsaw attack in Switzerland recently?