View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 11:59 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Interestingly, I watched Let Sleeping Corpses Lie/Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue for the first time this weekend and found it to be a bit of a snooze-fest. I think that the characterisation had a lot to do with it, Ray Lovelock in particular was a bastard and the girls were useless.

The most interesting part was the beginning when I recognized the fencing on the River Irwell and I said to myself 'Oh that's by the Cathedral' then the camera panned around to show the Cathedral and then I recognised the Tib Street car park...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I used to think it was a snooze fest as well but it's certainly grown on me in the years since.

It was one of those films that stuck with me for whatever reason when allegedly films i enjoyed more never did. All told there isn't much zombie action or much in the way of gore but it's the atmosphere that i like, that and Arthur Kennedy, a terrific old school western actor who i'm sure had no idea what he was letting himself in for.
As with I Walked with a Zombie, which I thought was devoid of atmosphere and was amateurishly acted, Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue is a film which I thought was rubbish when I first saw it, but subsequent viewings have revealed them both to be really good movies which I could happily watch at any time of the year.