View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 08:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BOTE0NWEyNDYtYWI5MC00MWY0LTg1NDctZjAwMjkyMWJiNzk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk5NDA3OTk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0.jpg

On a dark and wet day in the town of Derry in Maine Georgie waits patiently for his brother Bill to finish constructing a paper boat to go and sail in the rain. Right from the get go you can feel the strong emotional bond between the brothers. After Bill applies the finishing touches with some wax to help the boat FLOAT (a phrase that we will encounter many time throughout the film.) little Georgie complete with bright yellow rain mac races outside to sent his boat or her maiden voyage. Georgie with all his focus on the boat fails to notice some road works signs resulting in a knock to the head and he loses track of his boat for a second but long enough for it to disappear down a drain to the sewers. On hands and knees little Georgie peers into the sewers hoping to see his boat but instead he comes face to face with Pennywise The Dancing Clown.

w5vmzajmqceitr7vkrnc.jpg

Skip forward to the start of the following summer and the last day of school and we are introduced to The Losers Club picked on by bullies and and laughed at by girls. Once again we can feel the strong bond and brotherhood between the boys and later includes a real life girl

Derry is a small idyllic town on the surface but underneath is a dark disturbing secret every 27 years children start to go missing for a short period of time but when one goes missing they are quickly forgotten about as soon as another succumbs to the same faith. Refusing to give up on finding his brother Georgie Bill one of The Losers Club with the help of his friends start to piece together the clues to try and discover the truth behind the missing kids the town's dark secret and the source of strange encounters they have all individually have all been having recently.

Right from the get go IT has a fantastic creepy look and atmosphere and carries right through to the end. Bill SkarsgÄrd is fantastic as Pennywise his look voice and laugh are spot on. But as much as everyone is praising Pennywise it's the Losers that make this film for me there is so much chemistry between them all and plenty of funny moments and some touching ones between them you really do believe that they are real life friends. I have seen people compare them to The Goonies but i got more of a Stand By Me vibe from them.

Overall IT is a fantastic film but the one downside has to be the CGI not all of it was bad but there were a couple of times where it looked too CGI if you get what im trying to say. That aside i really loved it and despite the 2 hours plus runtime i felt it flew by and i cant wait for chapter 2 in two or three years time

9/10