View Single Post
Old 17th September 2017, 12:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Into the Woods (2014)

Not a bad fairy tale film featuring a decent ensemble cast including Johnny Depp, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Chris Pine and the excellent Meryl Streep.

The film/musical is about a baker (Corden) and his wife (Blunt) who can't have children due to a curse put on their family by the Witch next door (Streep), the Witch tells them that if they collect a few items by the time the next Blue Moon arrives, the curse will be lifted. What follows is their task of entering the woods to retrieve a white cow (from Jack and the Beanstalk), a blood red hood (from Little Red Riding Hood), some yellow hair (from Rapunzel) and a golden slipper (from Cinderella).
It's ok, but at over 2 hours long it could have done with some trimming, by the time it had finished me, my other half and stepdaughters were pretty bored.

The only reason we watched it is because this weeks episode of Educating Greater Manchester featured the kids performing a version of the play (which the film is based on).

Not as good as Malificent, but worth a watch if you've got children aged around 7-10

3/5
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!