View Single Post
Old 8th October 2017, 05:06 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 197383

A highly contagious virus is rampant throughout the countryside but Paul along with his wife and kid have secured their house and follow a strict regime to ensure that they stay healthy and safe from the horrors of the outside world. Their security is breached one night by a desperate man seeking water for his family some miles away. Paul has no trust in anyone and he restrains Will outside in the forest for a couple of days trying to work out what to do with him. Pauls wife convinces him to invite him and his family to stay at their home and combine their resources to give them a better chance of riding out this storm.

Sadly after watching this its not really a horror film as such it's more of a dark thriller i suppose it has horror elements but its a bit of a grey area really. I loved how dark and downbeat this film is the music gives a constant feeling of dread and that there is something watching and waiting in every shadow you see. But to be honest the title of this film is very very misleading i actually don't understand why they went with that title at all. Do not go into this one expecting jump scares or creepy goings on this is more of a study of how humans react in extreme situations of desperation and what lengths people will go to survive and protect their loved ones.

I would recommend to one for definite but i think it best that you know its not an out and out horror that way you may enjoy it that much more.

7/10
Hasn't someone labelled this and few other recent films as post horror?