View Single Post
Old 15th October 2017, 07:25 AM
Cult Master

Looking for a Halloween Scare? These 9 Books Scared Even Horror-Master Stephen King

Titles:

#9. Frankenstorm by Ray Garton
What Stephen King Said: “Remember when paperback originals were cool? Sex, action, suspense? Try Frankenstorm by Ray Garton. It’s old school.”

#8. The Accident by Chris Pavone
What Stephen King Said: “If you like real nail-biters, this is the best of so far this year.”

#7. A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
What Stephen King Said: “Scared the living hell out of me, and I’m pretty hard to scare.”

#6. Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
What Stephen King Said: “Scary as hell and hypnotic. I couldn’t put it down.”

#5. The Killer Next Door by Alex Marwood
What Stephen King Said: “If you read Alex Marwood’s The Wicked Girls, her new one – The Killer Next Door – is even better. Scary as hell. Great characters.”

#4. Day Four by Sara Lotz
What Stephen King Said: “The new Sarah Lotz novel, Day Four, is really good. It’s the cruise ship from hell.”

#3. Niceville by Carsten Stroud
What Stephen King Said: “A crazy-good supernatural/crime/horror epic. Blew me away.”

#2. You by Caroline Kepnes
What Stephen King Said: “Hypnotic and scary. A little Ira Levin, a little Patricia Highsmith, and plenty of serious snark. Cool stuff.”

#1. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
What Stephen King Said: “Really great suspense novel. Kept me up most of the night. The alcoholic narrator is dead perfect.”

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty