View Single Post
Old 18th October 2017, 09:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default tz

The Twilight Zone.Episode:Season 5, Episode 145 The Masks.
tz-pic-1.jpg

Rich old businessman Jason Foster (Robert Keith),knows he is going to die very soon.But he has one last thing to do.To teach his money grabbing daughter and her husband and equally abhorrent children one last lesson about there true selves.A really wonderful and macabre episode that has an obvious ending but it is so well done and the makeup effects at the end are nicely done.

bob1.jpg
Brain of Blood (1971)
When the producers of the Eddie Romero movies needed another along the same lines,it would be no surprise they would turn to Al Adamson and Sam Sherman,I mean who else of course..This is a truly bonkers movie.A dying middle eastern tyrant hire's a scientist to transplant his brain into a healthy body.So they put his body on ice and move him to another country.Well I say ice,they actually wrap him up in tin foil like he was a left over from Fuad Ramses party.Astonishingly there is some halve decent production values,especially in the laboratory and some of the brain transplant scenes.But don't worry things soon revert back to there usual ways.For instance why does a modern scientific lab (I use this term loosely of course) have a medieval dungeon as a basement..??? apart from having women chained up in it of course.Why have a midget for a nurse??. Also never send a child like monster to get a fresh body to do a brain transplant on because they always screw it up and damage the goods.Mediocrity and dullness soon take over and the last half hour seems to take an eternity as the cast traipse around the countryside while the mad scientist zaps his prey with a toy ray gun,Regina Carroll at least has the decency to get thrown off a cliff.The final shot is a brain freshly scoped out,and that's exactly how the audience is gonna feel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blood.jpg (57.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg brain.jpg (65.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg bob.jpg (100.0 KB, 6 views)