Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 13th December 2017, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
I love this film Inspector and watch it every Xmas. I dont know what it is, as it is not a classic by a long chalk, but it just ticks my boxes for a sit back, enjoy it for what it is movie. Most Xmas movies grate with me, I find them irritating and usually let the missus get on with it as she loves them, most make me want to throw up (Humbug). This is not one of them, Trading places is also good. I would also lump Krampus in there now too, great Xmas film. I dont need snow, singing etc. in movies to make it feel Christmassy.....I like Jack the Giant Killer, Jason and the Argonauts and One Million Years B.C these were the films I looked for in the Radio / TV times when I was a sprog, still make me festive even now.
Yeah i totally agree,the classic old-school fantasy film was a treat back then, nowadays Id only buy the Radio Times to light the fire with...also Christmas Vacation manages to sneak in a nice smutty moment when Chevy is being served by the shop assistant while he's browsing the underwear. .