View Single Post
Old 29th January 2018, 09:22 AM
Cult Addict

Suspicious death of a minor

Sergio Martino's hybrid of Giallo & Poliziotteschi has Claudio Cassinelli as Germi, a tough undercover cop who uncovers a child prostitution ring after one of the girls is brutally murdered. He's in a race against time to uncover the powerful people involved as the killer carves his way through witnesses.
The film has something of a wry sense of humour to proceedings, though not to the extent it detracts from the genuinely tough nature of what its dealing with. As one would expect from Martino, one of the better directors working in the genre, the action scenes are great and the film looks incredible, especially with Arrows recent restoration of the picture. Cassinelli is a great leading man and worked a lot with Martino, and we also Mel Ferrer as the chief. Luciano Michelini score is excellent as well and compliments the film well.

What have they done to your daughters

Dealing once again with the thorny issue of child exploitation, Claudio Cassinelli plays another tough cop determined to uncover the truth. This ones directed by Massimo Dallamano and is much more grim and gritty than Martino's picture with very little humour and some genuinely nasty violence perpretrated by a blak clad biker with a hatchet. The claret flows freely here and for the most part is convincingly done. Stelvio Cipriani delivers an Amazing score. Like Michelini's one for suspicious death of a minor it's highly memorable. On balance I think I prefer this to Martino's picture. Its much more grim & nasty than that, but more imprtantly I think this one had more genuine suspense and some scenes that are still genuinely unsettling.