View Single Post
Old 29th January 2018, 08:54 PM
Cult Addict

Random thoughts strung together round a fire about the past weeks viewing skewered together in a misshapen kebab style confection....

Flash Gordon's trip to mars

Flashgordontriptomars.jpg

Been watching this on and off for a while and tis well worth the effort if you are a fan of 20 minute bursts of retro nostalgic fun.

Probably doesn't do anything for the kids of today. but it's their loss as we get to go through the trials and tribulations of Flash getting caught by Ming, escaping for 5 minutes and getting caught again in a strange eternal loop.

Brilliantly bonkers in the way it has a total death cliffhanger that is some how escapable by re shooting a vital scene at the last moment each week.
Still fantastically cosy and comforting to watch.

Recommended 8/10

Meshes of the afternoon.

A short film that i came across reading something that was related to David Lynch, i think.
A Surrealistic short that has something to do with a woman re-living moments in her afternoon through different versions of herself ,while she sleeps.
I guess.
With a spectre like cowled figure with a mirror face.
I enjoyed this for it's arty experimentalism and odd angles that reflected the disorientation of the female protagonist.
Something that could be watched beside 'Un Chien Andalou', Svankmajer and The Brothers Quay on a mushroom fuelled afternoon.

8/10

to be continued....

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.