View Single Post
Old 6th March 2018, 12:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I should like The Godfather, The Godfather Part II and The French Connection more than i should but i struggle to get enthusiastic about them at all.

@Nos i think your blog list is a year behind. Especially when you get to the 90's.

For example Dances With Wolves won in 91 not 90. It's fair enough if you are listing the years the films were made but you are a year behind when it comes to the year in which the films won.
I've listed the films in the order I would like to watch them, not necessarily how good they are. I consider The Godfather Part II superior to the first instalment in the trilogy – and probably the best film to win the award – but it's (for reasons which is currently) not as enjoyable as the first film. Also, I would rather watch the ones which precede it on my list, particularly Casablanca and The Apartment because I know I don't have to give them full attention; with The Godfather Part II having sequences in Italian and subtitled, it's not a film you can 'half watch'.

With the list on my blog, I adapted it from a document I had which didn't have the last 17 winners, so it's possible I used one criteria for some of the films and a different one for the new entries, going by the year of the ceremony rather than release year. I'll have a look at it now and amend as necessary. Thanks for pointing it out.