View Single Post
Old 8th August 2018, 05:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I seem to be off horror films at the moment. The last one i watched was the recent Arrow release of Hellraiser and that was a couple of weeks ago.

Recent watches have been American Pie: Beta House, American Cheerleader Secrets (With former Dallas star Charlene Tilton playing herself), Dazed and Confused, Bruno and Bring it On.

Whilst the first two are direct to dvd fodder with odd moments of merit, the latter three are all excellent films.

Dazed and Confused is a classic from Richard Linklater sporting one hell of a 70's rock soundtrack as well as a top notch script and cast and is a film i go back to time and time again.

Bruno is Sasha Baron Cohen at his best (or worst) featuring a thoroughly despicable character in Austrian fashion icon Bruno and some of the most Un-PC moments i can recall, whilst Bring it On is an excellent college comedy with two brilliant leads in Kirsten Dunst and Eliza Dushku and is both funny and a fine sports movie at the same time.
I've not seen those direct to DVD ones, I may have seen a clip from the American Pie on t'internet.

I love the other three though! I think everyone knows how much I loved Dazed and Confused, I've had plenty of signatures and avatars from the film over the years! Bring it On was the first BluRay I imported from America

Triumphant sight on a northern sky