View Single Post
Old 18th August 2018, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Blood for dracula.

Count dracula(udo kier) is dying because he can't get the blood of a virgin to survive. so he trots off to Italy with his creepy man servant, Anton to find one because he thinks theres more chance there with them being supposedly religious. when he gets there he finds out about the Fiore family and there four daughters and plans to drink their blood with the premise of finding a wife. but he won't find many virgins here as he soon finds out. as theyre too busy getting it on with the gardener.

once again udo kier is great in this as sickly Count and gives another OTT performance. The film is nowhere near as gory as the companion film Flesh for Frankenstein but does get quite grusome towards the end. but what it lacks in gore it makes up for with sex and sleaze with the daughters constantly losing there clothes with the gardener and even a bit of incestuos lesbianism too.

it was interesting to see Stefania casini in this as well from Suspiria, although we certainly get to see a lot more of her in his one.

and yes, i like this a lot and is so funny with witty dialogue like when the Count gets more impure blood and he goes, The blood of these whores is killing me.

and i award this classic, with great sets and soundtrack, 90.2 out of 100.