View Single Post
Old 17th September 2018, 02:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've had my box set years now and still haven't seen them all. As Nos alluded to earlier; It's good to watch two or three then leave it for a while.

It's a bit late now to tell you this but some episodes on later discs tale off a bit. They aren't all British plays. Quite a few are from American series but given the Tales start and end credits. The picture quality is a step down as well. It would be interesting to know if these episodes were on the ten disc set you sold because if these episodes are all that were left out then in my opinion you weren't missing much. Or should i say you had the original British episodes of Tales of the Unexpected.
50 selected episodes on the 10 disc set so it's probably a bit of a 'best of'. its certainly not all of the British episodes. i tend to watch TV episodes as a bit of a warm up for a main feature or just to fill a spare half hour during the day. i'm not in a rush to get these as i have loads of TV banked up to fulfil this function - i can wait for a good deal, but my collecting gene says i have to have the full series even if i might not get around to watching it all.

mind you i have resisted the original series of Dark Shadows - 1200+ episodes is definitely a stretch