View Single Post
Old 4th November 2018, 01:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
DEAD BIRDS – Good ‘western’-era set flick in which some thieves hide out in an abandoned and isolated house. Horror comes in the form of some bestial ghost-creatures over the course of a slow build. ‘Dead Birds’ has the atmosphere of a slowly gathering storm, and looks cinematically a lot richer than its probable low budget. Although it seems to be going for something character driven and ambient, it doesn’t skimp on gore – some nice splattery bits along with a little CGI that didn’t bother me. A film from fifteen years ago, an underexplored era in the sense that it’s neither classic nor contemporary. Recommended.
I remember Dead Birds. Not seen it for years. there were a few gems that came out that are probably forgotten around that period such as Hallowed Ground and some probably only i liked - Death Tunnel, Wrestlemaniac, 7 Mummies, Dead and Dying - that sort of thing. All do seem to have more ambition than what we generally get nowadays, or perhaps that's just me and my non-interest in rentaghost, sorry, poltergeist films doing the rounds for the last few years.

Nice thoughts on Suspiria too, Frankie. I think you mention everything except a story.