View Single Post
Old 4th December 2018, 12:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I read somewhere (at some point ) that a lot of new dvd onward releases of "Animal house" don't have some of the original songs on the soundtrack due to rights issues.

So i'm not sure what's the best release is for this, or even whether the version i'm used to (Tv and Vhs) is the original version.

I would like to know if anyone has any info on this as it's a film i like and would like to upgrade.
There are only minor substitutions on the DVDs, with the R1 special edition having all the same songs as the theatrical release, but all of the Blu-ray releases apparently have the 'right' music.

OVERALL: Draw
R1 30th Anniversary Edition Gift Set offers the original soundtrack, an exclusive documentary on its second disc and a 16-page yearbook.

OVERALL: Draw
R1 30th Anniversary Edition Gift Set offers the original soundtrack, an exclusive documentary on its second disc and a 16-page yearbook.

General note:
Two different soundtracks are known to exist:
- The original 1978 soundtrack,
- An alternate one containing music substitutions (e.g. when Bluto is in the canteen filling his tray and stuffing his face, the original background music is Sam Cooke's "Win Your Love For Me", but it has been replaced by something else in the alternate soundtrack).

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Animal House AKA National Lampoon's Animal House (1978)

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Animal House AKA National Lampoon's Animal House (Blu-ray) (1978)