View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 11:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

So I just watched The Twin Dilemma for the first time. I was braced for the absolute worst and here's the funny thing. It was so fun to watch. I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that, bar the odd exception, after 5 nicer Doctors, this new guy wouldn't stop berating Peri before accusing her of being a spy (), before attempting to kill her. He even tries to claim its all her fault when the bad guy have them at gunpoint! It just seems so out of character for the Doctor (especially because last episode he risked everything to save her) that its somehow actually great and hilarious to watch. On that note (and because I've already seen Attack, Revelation etc), Colin has given me the impression right from the start that he knows exactly how he's going to play the Doctor. Say what you like about JNT but he's actually not a bad showrunner and he knew how to get this new Doctor and era started off. Chibnall should take note because this supposedly, horrifically bad Story somehow, despite having everything against it, ended up being better than all of Series 11.

Beyond that the story was okay and I liked the design of the henchmen to the giant slug. How is this considered a bad Story? Its a laugh from start to finish. I'm not sure if that's the problem for others but I enjoyed myself watching it. Its the Story I've laughed at the most since this marathon started and I would gladly watch it again.