View Single Post
Old 5th January 2019, 01:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It actually makes sense after 'Androzani' - the Doctor was forced to regenerate due to his illness caused by the Spectrox Toxima, and not having enough of the antidote for himself. That is what caused his change to 'fail', leading to bouts of paranoia, anxiety and anger

The big mistake that they made was ending the 21st series with 'The Twin Dilemma'. Audiences were left with the image of a hateful character, and they had to wait a year before before getting a full series with this incarnation to see how me would evolve over time. As with Jodie and Chibnall, many viewers had already decided that Colin was not going to be a good Doctor and when the show returned for the 22nd series, they had turned away in their droves

I think that Colin was a great Doctor, and he was treated abysmally by 'the powers that be'

Not wanting to make light of anyone with a speech impediment - I myself have a lisp and find it difficult to pronounce my 'R's - but don't you mean Womulus and Wemus?
Great post, Susan.

I'd forgotten their speech completely. It's just them so irritating, like Bob in House by the Cemetery, only there's two of the blighters.