View Single Post
Old 6th January 2019, 11:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Well of course gag didn't like it. It wasn't made in 1987.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not sure what the year has to do with it

Today's film in the sense dull and boring, I've seen films where practically nothing happens but they grab me more than a full on action film where I've been bored watching it , just because not much happens doesn't means its boring, not a great deal happens in Twisted nerve but it's a great film, give me twisted nerve over player one where its full on action , years ago I felt films where made with some heart, soul , and passion and where vast majority of films aren't today , even some of the badly made films from the 70\ 80s have become cult classic , no matter for what reason eg i spit on your grave, (notoriety) ) some of today's films are very well made but they are forgotten about quickly , i also feel the acting different as well and Sam said that to me while we was watching something other day , years ago before the 70s and 80s( I say that era because that's when we was flooded with badly made and badly acted films for the vhs era , ( yes they did before then and still do now but not as much ) before acting was a career now its just a job, watching a sci fi from the 50s does seem corny but that's only because it's dated and showing its age now but they are still classics , film of the year any year say from 2000 in a few years it be half forgotten about and a lot of today's film make a huge impact but more for the here and now , they don't make a everlasting impact for years to come like Ben hur , scum , wizard of oz , Quodraphenia , psycho , Ghostbusters , Quatermass, one flew over cuckoo nest , Rocky , towering inferno , great escape , original superman films there really is loads to choose from, remember when you use to go video shop rent a film go home and enjoy the film , you waded through a lot of good and decent stuff before you come across a film you thought was rubbish or didn't like , and took ages to decide what to rent because there was so many you like the look off , now its reversed you wade through a lot of rubbish before finding stuff you do like and take ages to decide on a film on Netflix because so many films don't grab you for what ever reason .
And occasionally you enjoy a film, Is it because its decent or because it better than what's on offer from what's been churned out recently ?
Yes of course there is some good films being made now don't get me wrong .

But a lot of films are more interested in the huge budget , who's who in the film , playing up to that audience , bigger and better action scenes , loads of crash bang wallop soulless action, some are ridiculously Ott keep it plain and simple like they did in Towering inferno , or poseidon adventure

How many times have you gone cinema and left a tadge disappointed?

The industry knows how to play up to to its audience these days now, that when they announce a film being made people get really excited about it even before they announced who starring \ directing the film so on and so on , and its a huge success long before it even gets released and will make its money even if its shit and a huge disappointment

Most film collectors young old or new, vast majority tend to concentrate on films from years ago .

Look at some people list of all time fav films and most times not many films from 2000 onwards, and some cases there is none .

I'm not saying I'm right that's just my opinion.

Gives a bit of insight to why I struggle with a lot of today's films . and complain so much about them

Last edited by gag; 6th January 2019 at 12:23 PM.