View Single Post
Old 7th March 2019, 06:35 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Inside The Spaceship – Episode 1 – The Edge Of Destruction
Ian Chesterton: Doctor... some very strange things are happening. I feel we're in a very dangerous position. This is no time for personal quarrels.
The Doctor: Meaning?
Ian Chesterton: I think you should go and apologize to Barbara at once.
The Doctor: I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners. And I certainly don't underestimate the dangers, if they exist. But I must have time to think. I must think. Rash action is worse than no action at all, hmm?
Ian Chesterton: I don't see anything rash in apologizing to Barbara. [scoffs] Frankly, Doctor, I find it hard to keep pace with you.
The Doctor: You mean, to keep one jump ahead. That you will never be. You need my knowledge and ability to apply it, and then you need my experience to gain the fullest results.
Ian Chesterton: Results? For good or for evil?
The Doctor: One man's law is another man's crime. Sleep on it, Chesterton. Sleep on it.
Inside The Spaceship – Episode 2 – The Brink Of Disaster
The Doctor: We're on the brink of destruction, so all four of us must work closely together. We must find out where we are and what is happening to my ship.
Ian Chesterton: Just a moment, why did you say that? "The brink of destruction"?
The Doctor: There's a strong force at work somewhere, which is threatening my ship. It's so strong that every piece of equipment can be out of action at the same time.
Ian Chesterton: What? Total disintegration?
The Doctor: Precisely. We haven't crash-landed, otherwise I would have discovered that immediately. And I don't believe there is an evil intelligence in the ship. Just at the same token, I don't really believe that you, either of you, have been the cause of this trouble.
Ian Chesterton: Well, what is then?
The Doctor: I don't know, but we must find out.
Ian Chesterton: Yes, but how long have we got?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty