View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019, 06:40 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Reign Of Terror – Episode 1 – A Land Of Fear
Susan Foreman: We might not get back to the ship if Grandfather hears we're in the Reign Of Terror.
Ian Chesterton: Why not?
Susan Foreman: It's his favorite period in the history of Earth. [Ian sighs]
The Reign Of Terror – Episode 2 – Guests Of Madame Guillotine
The Doctor: I'm sure you're very experienced at this job, my man. But, as an impartial onlooker I think I might have a bit of an advice to give you.
Road Work Overseer: Well, I'll listen to anything that'll get this job finished quickly.
The Doctor: Well, if you were to expend your energy helping with the road, instead of boring and shouting at them every few seconds, you might be able to get somewhere.
Road Work Overseer: I suppose you think you're very clever.
The Doctor: Well, without any undue modesty, yes! Now, would you mind standing aside?
The Reign Of Terror – Episode 4 – The Tyrant Of France
Ian Chesterton: Léon?
Léon Colbert: Yes. You must be Ian.
Ian Chesterton: That's right.
Léon Colbert: Are you alone?
Ian Chesterton: Yes. Jules said you might be able to help. [turns to find two soldiers behind him, both aiming muskets at his chest] Soldiers!
Léon Colbert: Yes, I know. You walked right into my trap, didn't you, Ian?
The Reign Of Terror – Episode 5 – A Bargain Of Necessity
Ian Chesterton: Barbara! We thought you'd been arrested!
Barbara Wright: Yes, we were. But when we got to the prison, the Doctor was there.
Ian Chesterton: What!
Barbara Wright: Yes, he's dressed up as if he was running the revolution! From what I could gather, half the people there take orders from him!
Ian Chesterton: That sounds like the Doctor, alright.
Jules Renan: The Doctor? You mean Susan's grandfather?
Barbara Wright: Yes, that's right.
Ian Chesterton: And where's Susan?
Barbara Wright: Oh, she'll be along later with him. I just walked out.
Ian Chesterton: Walked out? But... [laughs] I don't know how he gets away with it half the time. What did he say?
Barbara Wright: Well not very much - we didn't have a chance. But he'll be here soon, so no doubt we'll get the whole story, several times. [Barbara and Ian laugh]
The Reign Of Terror – Episode 6 – Prisoners Of Conciergerie
The Doctor: [Barbara begins to laugh] What is it? What do you find so amusing, hmm?
Barbara Wright: Oh, I don't know. Yes, I do. It's this feverish activity to try and stop something that we know is going to happen. Robespierre will be guillotined whatever we do!
The Doctor: [gravely] I've told you of our position so often.
Barbara Wright: Yes, I know. You can't influence or change history. I learnt that lesson with the Aztecs.
The Doctor: The events will happen, just as they are written... I'm afraid so and we can't stem the tide. But at least we can stop being carried away with the flood!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty