View Single Post
Old 11th April 2019, 05:21 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Mind Of Evil – Episode 1
Kettering: Science has abolished the hangman's noose and substituted this infallible method.
The Doctor: [as Kettering continues talking] People who talk about infallibility are usually on very shaky grounds.
The Mind Of Evil – Episode 2
(Fu Peng is reading a newspaper when the Brigadier and Doctor are shown in. He ignores them.)
Brigadier: Oh, Mister Fu Peng? I'm The Brigadier of UNIT command. I'm in charge of all security arrangements. And this is our scientific advisor.
The Doctor: (in Hokien) This unworthy person welcomes you and delights in your safe arrival.
(Fu Peng stands and replies in the same language.)
Fu Peng: Thank you for your courtesy and welcome. It is I who am delighted to meet such a charming person in this barbaric country. (in English) It is rare to meet a westerner who knows my language.
The Doctor: Oh, thank you. Actually I fear my Hokien is somewhat rusty.
Fu Peng: On the contrary, it is excellent.
The Doctor: Well, it's many years since I've had a chance to use it. (The aide brings a chair for the Doctor.) I remember once having a conversation with Tse-Tung.
Fu Peng: Tse-Tung? But that is the personal name of our chairman, Mao Tse-Tung.
The Doctor: He himself gave me leave to use it.
Brigadier: Yes, if we could just discuss the immediate problem.
Fu Peng: You will take some tea?
The Doctor: Kam si ya.
Fu Peng: Tang pei lai. Sing- sen.
(Chatting happily in Hokien, Fu Peng and the Doctor go into an inner room, leaving the Brigadier to sit alone on the empty chair.)
The Mind Of Evil – Episode 3
(As the Doctor drives in, Mailer runs out in front of him with a shotgun.)
The Doctor: Don't point that thing at me, man. It might go off! I'm here on official business. I understand there's been some trouble here.
Mailer: That's right, mate, and you're in it. Now, let's get this heap inside.
The Doctor: I was going there anyway
The Mind Of Evil – Episode 4
The Master: Wake up! Wake up! Ah. Welcome back. Would it surprise you to know that one of your hearts stopped completely? You were within an inch of dying.
The Doctor: You wanted to know how long I could hold out against that machine. Well, the answer is I can't. Nobody can.
The Master: Of course you can! If I can control it from that console, then so can you. And you must while I'm not here.
The Doctor: No, no.
The Master: Oh, come on, Doctor. We are both Time Lords.
The Doctor: Be that as it may, I know the secret of that machine. Inside is a creature that feeds on the evil of the mind, and very soon it'll feed on yours.
The Master: Nonsense! Mailer! (Mailer enters.) Release him. And then put him in the cell with Miss Grant. Now listen, Doctor, if you don't do what I ask of you, Miss Grant will be next in line for the process. You just remember that. Right, take him out.
Mailer: Come on, Doc. On your feet! Up!
The Mind Of Evil – Episode 5
The Master: All right, Captain. You can stop pretending to be unconscious now.
Yates: Why? Why
The Master: Why did I take the missile? I intend to use it.
Yates: You'll never be able to. It's too complex.
(The Master shows Yates a control panel.)
The Master: Nonsense! This is childishly simple. Anyhow, I have all the technical assistance I need.
Yates: Yes, I was going to ask you. About those soldiers.
The Master: Hired mercenaries in fake uniforms. Everything's a question of money nowadays, my dear Captain. Will you excuse me? Oh, by the way, you're probably wondering why you're still alive.
Yates: It did cross my mind.
The Master: Well, in the event, in the highly unlikely event of UNIT finding us before the missile's ready, you'd make a very useful hostage. Remember that.
The Mind Of Evil – Episode 6
The Doctor: [after the Brigadier has saved his life] Thank you, Brigadier.But do you think for once in your life you could manage to arrive before the nick of time?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty