View Single Post
Old 29th January 2010, 01:23 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
That I honestly don't know but I'll let you know as time goes on. You need to be looking at spending an easy £16k to make a hi-def master from original elements and that's a huge cost to bear when you have a release that might only sell a couple of thousand units so any clever ways to reduce costs to make releases happen are important.
I gathered it was an expensive process. I assume that includes full restoration work as well?

An extremely difficult situation for small distributors, I'm sure. Hopefully, as blu ray adoption increases, the price will drop significantly. Is it fair to say that, at present, UK companies like Arrow are often stuck with the materials they are provided? If so, that alone makes the challenge of offering the consumer the very best upgrade that much greater.

Clearly Arrow are taking the bull by the horns by commissioning new extra features, and compiling the very best extras from existing materials. It's also reassuring to see Arrow and BU's smart joint venture with City Of The Living Dead.