View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 06:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
What would we do without the Giallo film,In fact what woukd we do without the bonkers Giallo film,In fact what would we do without the bonkers Giallo set in 1970s Great Britain..The mind does truly boggles at how our European cousins see us..(i mean at the moment they probably see us as a bunch of squabbling twats who cannot make up its bleeding mind..) but back in the 1970s we were either middle class playboys driving around in sports cars and keeping foxes as pets..(yes you read right)..or right plebs wearing flat caps and tugging our forlocks whenever the gentry would pass by...Stereotypical characters aside The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave is a rather good if slighly mental giallo of the first order,you have deception double crosses and just plain good old fashioned sleaze and some rather bizarre clothing fails on the part of some of the characters,( one big hooped earring on a bloke is never a good look,unless your auditioning to be a pirate in a pantomime..)..Im not even going to explain the plot or try to even fathom its minute details,I suggest you sit back and let it just happen..Please read no further as Im going to be terribly sexist and say that Erika Blanc well, Know what I mean? Say no more...Know what I mean?? when she dances out of a coffin...well worth the price of the entrance fee alone..Personaly i luved everything about this film from its music to its art deco sets...WTF who keeps foxes as pets....
It's a fun film for sure. Rewatch. I picked up the Arrow dvd fer the pittance etc. Review!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]