View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 11:36 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
So I watched The Howling for the first time last night. Rather than buying the BD on a blind buy I picked up a DVD from Music Magpie in a 2 for £3 (paired with a John Denver CD!).

It was NOT what I was expecting at all, and for some reason I always had it in my head it was a comedy horror, but apart from the amazing Dick Miller scenes it wasn't really funny at all.

Enjoyable 80's horror romp about a group of werewolves enjoying a self-help retreat, sorry for the spoilers, but I think I'm the last person alive who's never seen it before

The iconic metamorphosis scene seemed out of place in the narrative and (understandably) very long, but it looked good and gruesome, but not as painful looking as the American Werewolf version!

Worth £1.50
Which release did you get?

Mine is a digi in a slipcase with the slash marks cut out, together with a booklet and a second disc of extras. Bought it in 05 for £6 at HMV. Still looks as good as the day i bought it.

They'd charge twenty notes for similar quality today.

That transformation scene is good but when i watch it i always think 'why are you standing there watching it?' she has plenty of time to get away but no, just stand there and wait for the transformation to be over then you can get killed.