View Single Post
Old 29th July 2019, 06:23 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Dalek
Van Statten: We've tried everything. The creature has shielded itself but there's definite signs of life inside.
The Doctor: Inside? Inside what?
Simmons: Welcome back, sir. I've had to take the power down. The Metaltron is resting.
The Doctor: Metaltron?
Van Statten: Thought of it myself. Good, isn't it? Although I'd much to prefer to find out it's real name.
Simmons: Here, you'd better put these on. (gauntlets) The last guy that touched it burst into flames.
The Doctor: I won't touch it then.
Van Statten: Go ahead, Doctor. Impress me. (The Doctor steps through the heavy door.) Don't open that door until we get a result.
(Van Statten and Goddard go to a desk with monitors on it.)
[Cage]
(It is dark inside. The door clangs shut and locks.)
The Doctor: Look, I'm sorry about this. Mister Van Statten might think he's clever, but never mind him. I've come to help. I'm the Doctor.
(A white light blinks next to a blue glow.)
Metaltron: Doc-Tor?
The Doctor: Impossible.
Metaltron: The Doctor? (The lights come up to reveal a bad tempered pepperpot being held in chains.) Exterminate! Exterminate!
(The Doctor hammers on the door in terror.)
The Doctor: Let me out!
Dalek: Exterminate!
[Outside the Cage]
Goddard: Sir, it's going to kill him.
Van Statten: It's talking!
[Cage]
Dalek: You are an enemy of the Daleks! You must be destroyed!
(Its gun arm twitches but nothing happens.)
The Doctor: It's not working. (The Doctor laughs as the Dalek looks at its impotent weapon.) Fantastic! Oh, fantastic! Powerless! Look at you. The great space dustbin. How does it feel?
Dalek: Keep back!
(The Doctor stands inches away, staring into its eyepiece.)
The Doctor: What for? What're you going to do to me? If you can't kill, then what are you good for, Dalek? What's the point of you? You're nothing. What the hell are you here for?
Dalek: I am waiting for orders.
The Doctor: What does that mean?
Dalek: I am a soldier. I was bred to receive orders.
The Doctor: Well you're never going to get any. Not ever.
Dalek: I demand orders!
The Doctor: They're never going to come! Your race is dead! You all burnt, all of you. Ten million ships on fire. The entire Dalek race wiped out in one second.
Dalek: You lie!
The Doctor: I watched it happen. I made it happen.
Dalek: You destroyed us?
The Doctor: I had no choice.
Dalek: And what of the Time Lords?
The Doctor: Dead. They burnt with you. The end of the last great Time War. Everyone lost.
Dalek: And the coward survived.
The Doctor: Oh, and I caught your little signal. Help me. Poor little thing. But there's no one else coming 'cause there's no one else left.
Dalek: I am alone in the universe.
The Doctor: Yep.
Dalek: So are you. We are the same.
The Doctor: We're not the same! I'm not (pause) No, wait. Maybe we are. You're right. Yeah, okay. You've got a point. 'Cause I know what to do. I know what should happen. I know what you deserve. Exterminate.
(The Doctor pulls a lever on a nearby console and the Dalek is lit up with electricity.)
Dalek: Have pity!
The Doctor: Why should I? You never did.

Rose: Stairs! That's more like it. It hasn't got legs. It's stuck!
De Maggio: It's coming! Get up!
(They run a flight and look down on the Dalek.)
Adam: Great big alien death machine defeated by a flight of stairs.
De Maggio: Now listen to me. I demand that you return to your cage. If you want to negotiate then I can guarantee that Mister van Statten will be willing to talk. I accept that we imprisoned you and maybe that was wrong, but people have died, and that stops right now. The killing stops. Have you got that? I demand that you surrender. Is that clear?
Dalek: Elevate.
(The Dalek glides up the stairs, just like its forebears did at Coal Hill School.)
Rose: Oh my God.
De Maggio: Adam, get her out of here.
Rose: Come with us. You can't stop it.
De Maggio: Someone's got to try. Now get out! Don't look back. Just run

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty