View Single Post
Old 4th August 2019, 01:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Room in Rome (2010)

Depicting the emotional and sexual relations of two women throughout a single night in a hotel room in Rome, despite the two girls both being gorgeous and nude throughout more or less and featuring numerous sex scenes this was strangely un-sexy stuff.

Testament to the film makers in that i was invested in the girls as people and how their one night stand turned into a fully rounded relationship over the course of this single night. The script is soulful, redemptive and often quite funny as well as romantic and thankfully it never veers into schmaltz.

Although the film worked for me this time i'm not sure it's one i'd want to revisit as there's not what you'd call an awful lot of drama involved and i suspect it could become tedious on subsequent viewings as, at getting on for two hours, despite the good performances it did drag at times especially during the frequent sexual encounters. At one point i was comparing it to a Jess Franco film or rather how Jess might improve the shagging with frequent camera zooms. When your mind wanders like that it really can't be a good thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 187146-l.jpg (35.4 KB, 5 views)