View Single Post
Old 27th September 2019, 05:15 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Flesh And Stone
Amy: Okay. so we've basically run up the inside of a chimney, yeah? So what if the gravity fails?
The Doctor: I've thought about that.
Amy: And?
The Doctor: And we'll all plunge to our deaths. See? I've thought about it.

Bob [OC]: Doctor? Excuse me? Hello, Doctor? Angel Bob here, sir.
The Doctor: Ah. There you are, Angel Bob. How's life? Sorry, bad subject.
Bob [OC]: The Angels are wondering what you hope to achieve.
The Doctor: Achieve? We're not achieving anything. We're just hanging. It's nice in here. Consoles, comfy chairs, a forest. How's things with you?
Bob [OC]: The Angels are feasting, sir. Soon we will be able to absorb enough power to consume this vessel, this world. and all the stars and worlds beyond.
The Doctor: Well, we've got comfy chairs. Did I mention?
Bob [OC]: We have no need of comfy chairs.
The Doctor: I made him say comfy chairs. Okay, Bob, enough chat. Here's what I want to know. What have you done to Amy?
Bob [OC]: There is something in her eye.
The Doctor: What's in her eye?
Bob [OC]: We are.

Amy: So, can I open my eyes now?
The Doctor: Amy, listen to me. If you open your eyes now for more than a second, you will die. The Angel is still inside you. We haven't stopped it, we've just sort of paused it. You've used up your countdown. You cannot open your eyes.
Octavian: Doctor, we're too exposed here. We have to move on.
The Doctor: We're too exposed everywhere. And Amy can't move. And anyway, that's not the plan.
River: There's a plan?
The Doctor: I don't know yet. I haven't finished talking. Right! Father, you and your Clerics, you're going to stay here, look after Amy. If anything happens to her, I'll hold every single one of you personally responsible, twice. River, you and me, we're going to find the Primary Flight Deck which is (He wets a finger and holds it up.) a quarter of a mile straight ahead, and from there we're going to stabilise the wreckage, stop the Angels, and cure Amy.
River: How?
The Doctor: I'll do a thing.
River: What thing?
The Doctor: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing. Moving out!
Octavian: Doctor, I'm coming with you. My Clerics'll look after Miss Pond. These are my best men. They'd lay down their lives in her protection.
The Doctor: I don't need you.
Octavian: I don't care. Where Doctor Song goes, I go.
The Doctor: What? You two engaged or something?
Octavian: Yes, in a manner of speaking

The Doctor: Octavian said you killed a man.
River: Yes, I did.
The Doctor: A good man.
River: A very good man. The best man I've ever known.
The Doctor: Who?
River: It's a long story. Doctor. It can't be told, it has to be lived. No sneak previews. Well, except for this one. You'll see me again quite soon, when the Pandorica opens.
The Doctor: The Pandorica. Ha! That's a fairy tale.
River: Doctor, aren't we all?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty