View Single Post
Old 4th October 2019, 04:54 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Pandorica Opens
The Doctor: Vavoom!
Amy: Va-what?
The Doctor: I can't believe I've never thought of this before. It's genius. Right. Landed. Come on.
Amy: Where are we?
The Doctor; Planet One. The oldest planet in the universe. And there's a cliff of pure diamond, and according to legend, on the cliff there's writing. Letters fifty feet high. A message from the dawn of time And no one knows what it says, because no one's ever translated it. Till today.
Amy: What happens today?
The Doctor: Us. The Tardis can translate anything. All we have to do is open the doors and read the very first words in recorded history.
(So they go outside and read - Hello Sweetie ΘΣ ΦΓΥΔζ )
Amy: Vavoom.

(An energy weapon fires at them. It is the severed Cyberman arm. They hide behind the Pandorica.)
Amy: What was that?
The Doctor: Okay, I need a proper look. Got to draw its fire, give it a target.
Amy: How?
The Doctor: You know how sometimes I have really brilliant ideas?
Amy: Yes.
The Doctor: Sorry. (The Doctor runs out.) Look at me, I'm a target!
(He gets shot at and hides behind the base of a Sarsen.)
Amy: What is that?
The Doctor: Cyberarm. Arm of Cyberman.
Amy: And what's a Cyberman?
The Doctor: Oh, sort of part man, part robot. The organic part must have died out years ago. Now the robot part is looking for, well, fresh meat.
Amy: What, us?
The Doctor: It's just like being an organ donor, except you're alive and sort of screaming

The Doctor [OC]: Sorry, sorry, dropped it. Hello, Stonehenge! Who takes the Pandorica, takes the universe. But bad news, everyone, (The Doctor appears on the Altar stone.) because guess who? Ha! Listen, you lot, you're all whizzing about. It's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute because I am talking! The question of the hour is, who's got the Pandorica? Answer, I do. Next question. Who's coming to take it from me? Come on! Look at me. No plan, no back up, no weapons worth a damn. Oh, and something else. I don't have anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceship, with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way. Remember every black day I ever stopped you, and then, and then, do the smart thing. Let somebody else try first. (The spaceships retreat.) That'll keep them squabbling for half an hour.

The Doctor: You lot, working together. An alliance. How is that possible?
White Dalek: The cracks in the skin of the universe.
Stark: All reality is threatened.
Cyberleader: All universes will be deleted.
The Doctor: What? And you've come to me for help?
Stark: No. We will save the universe from you!
The Doctor: From me?
Cyberleader: All projections correlate. All evidence concurs. The Doctor will destroy the universe.
The Doctor: No, no, no. You've got it wrong.
Cyberleader: The Pandorica was constructed to ensure the safety of the Alliance.
White Dalek: A scenario was devised from the memories of your companion.
Stark: A trap the Doctor could not resist.
White Dalek: The cracks in time are the work of the Doctor. It is confirmed.
The Doctor: No. no, no, not me, the Tardis. And I'm not in the Tardis, am I?
White Dalek: Only the Doctor can pilot the Tardis.
The Doctor: Please, listen to me!
White Dalek: You will be prevented.
The Doctor: Total event collapse! Every sun will supernova at every moment in history. The whole universe will never have existed. Please, listen to me!
Cyberleader: Seal the Pandorica.
The Doctor: No! Please, listen to me! The Tardis is exploding right now and I'm the only one who can stop it! Listen to me!
(The Pandorica closes.)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty