View Single Post
Old 5th October 2019, 05:43 AM
Cult Don

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Big Bang
Rory: She's going to be in that box for two thousand years?
The Doctor: Yeah, but we're taking a shortcut. River's vortex manipulator. Rubbish way to time travel, but the universe is tiny now. We'll be fine.
Rory: So hang on. The future's still there, then. Our world.
The Doctor: A version of it. Not quite the one you know. Earth alone in the sky. Let's go and have a look. You put your hand there. Don't worry. Should be safe.
Rory: That's not what I'm worried about.
The Doctor: She'll be fine. Nothing can get into this box.
Rory: Well, you got in there.
The Doctor: Well, there's only one of me. I counted.
Rory: This box needs a guard. I killed the last one.
The Doctor: No. Rory, no. Don't even think about it.
Rory: She'll be all alone.
The Doctor: She won't feel it.
Rory: You bet she won't.
The Doctor: Two thousand years, Rory. You won't even sleep. you'd be conscious every second. It would drive you mad.
Rory: Will she be safer if I stay? Look me in the eye and tell me she wouldn't be safer.
The Doctor: Rory, you
Rory: Answer me!
The Doctor: Yes. Obviously.
Rory: Then how could I leave her?
The Doctor: Why do you have to be so human?
Rory: Because right now, I'm not.

River: I dated a Nestene duplicate once. Swappable head. It did keep things fresh. Right then, I have questions, but number one is this. What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?
The Doctor: It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool. (Amy snatches the fez and throws it into the air, where River shoots it into pieces.) Oh!

Dalek: You will be exterminated!
River: Not yet. Your systems are still restoring, which means your shield density is compromised. One Alpha Mezon burst through your eyestalk would kill you stone dead.
Dalek: Records indicate you will show mercy. You are an associate of the Doctor's.
River: I'm River Song. Check your records again.
Dalek: Mercy.
River: Say it again.
Dalek: Mercy!
River: One more time.
Dalek: Mercy!

Amy: Sorry. Sorry, everyone. But when I was a kid, I had an imaginary friend.
Tabetha: Oh no, not this again.
Amy: The raggedy Doctor. My raggedy Doctor. But he wasn't imaginary, he was real.
Tabetha: The psychiatrists we sent her to.
Amy: I remember you. I remember! I brought the others back, I can bring you home, too. Raggedy man, I remember you, and you are late for my wedding! (The glasses start rattling, very gently.) I found you. I found you in words, like you knew I would. That's why you told me the story the brand new, ancient blue box. (A strong wind blows the balloons around.) Oh, clever. Very clever.
Rory: Amy, what is it?
Amy: Something old. Something new. Something borrowed. Something blue.
(The Tardis materialises in the middle of the room.)
Rory: It's the Doctor. How did we forget the Doctor? I was plastic. He was the stripper at my stag. Long story.
(Amy knocks on the Tardis door.)
Amy: Okay, Doctor. Did I surprise you this time?
(The Doctor appears in top hat and tails.)
The Doctor: Er, yeah. Completely astonished. Never expected that. How lucky I happened to be wearing this old thing. Hello, everyone. I'm Amy's imaginary friend. But I came anyway.
Amy: You absolutely, definitely may kiss the bride.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty