View Single Post
Old 6th October 2019, 12:03 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Cannibal Holocaust 1980.

A professor travels to South America in search of 3 people who disappeared while doing a documentary, when he finds their footage he is shocked at what he has discovered.

This is one of those horror films that doesn't make you jump nor is it scary, it's more stomach churning, to the point of being sick and makes one cross his legs, this is shown that man can be cruel to others and animals, that in anger karma can come back to you.

Think this film has had many comments and reviews either calling it crap or a piece of great cinema, I have always enjoyed it just didn't realise the version I watched was uncut and contained animal cruelty. It's structured well first half is the professor in search of the 3 people as well as seeing a new culture and the second half of what the people shot on camera and their antics. It's not really about great acting or good storyline it's more about humanity in different ways. If you can stomach violence, and unbelievable cruelty check it out.
Love Cannibal Holocaust and its comments on society that still rings through to today. I have only seen the full uncut animal cruelty version i rather stick to the Grindhouse version with that removed.