View Single Post
Old 17th October 2019, 11:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017)

A Mexican film looking at the drug cartel gangs and the effect their violence has on the children. I won't go into much detail on the plot because it's probably best to just go in and let the film tell you the story. It doesn't sound like a horror film, but think of something like The Devil's Backbone and it's ghost child! Great film and amazing performances by a gang of children, seriously, some of the best child acting I have seen ever!

Secret Rites (1971)

If you have ever seen a Jess Franco film from his heyday of late 60s to early 70s then you have seen one of his cabaret/nightclub scenes. Now imagine if Jess spent his film budget on just the one film instead of trying to squeeze 3 films out of the money and cast, and the whole film was one of these cabaret scenes then you can pretty much imagine what this mondo documentary about Wiccan secret rituals and rites looks and sounds like!

Much more lurid and therefore entertaining than it's counterpart film 'Legend of the Witches', this one follows Penny as she makes contact with the coven, learns all about it, joins and then takes part in some rituals. Runs at a very swift 45 minutes and if like me, you're interested in the occult and/or a fan of the Jess Franco style then I would highly recommend this film!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky