View Single Post
Old 15th December 2019, 04:43 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Doctor Falls
The Master: So, I imagine you're the next one along, then?
Missy: Oh, I think so. I'm a bit hazy on the whole regeneration thing, I'm afraid.
The Master: You mean, I'm going to turn into a woman and you don't even remember it happening?
Missy: Oh! Am I a woman now?
The Master: Well, kind of, yeah.

Bill: People are always going to be afraid of me, aren't they? Aren't they? (The Doctor wipes a tear from her Cyber-face.) What is that, engine oil?
The Doctor: No. It's an actual tear. But it shouldn't be.
The Master: Doctor. Right, while you've been here chatting up Robo-Mop, me and me have been busy. We've found it. (Razor) Oh, hello, my dear. My God, you were so boring for all those years. But it was worth every day of it, for this.
The Doctor: Bill, don't let him upset you.
The Master: Though, didn't you used to be a woman? I'm going to be a woman, fairly soon. Any tips? Or, maybe, I dunno, old bras?
Cyber-Bill: I am not upset.
The Master: Oh. Well, doesn't that take all the fun out of cruelty. Might as well rile a fridge. Come on, this way.
(But inside, Bill is crying.)

The Master: I landed here. I had trouble taking off.
Missy: The black hole?
The Master: Too close to the event horizon.
Missy: And you screwed up. You went too fast.
The Master: I blew the dematerialisation circuit.
Missy: Which reminds me. A funny thing happened to me once.
The Master: What?
(She grabs his lapels and pushes him against a pillar.)
Missy: A very long time ago, a very scary lady threw me against a wall and made me promise to always, always carry a spare dematerialisation circuit. I don't remember much about her now but, she must have made quite an impression.
(And takes a dematerialisation circuit out of her jacket pocket.)
The Master: You know you basically have me to thank for this.
Missy: You're welcome.
The Master: By the way, is it wrong that I er (glances down toward his crotch)
Missy: (taking a step away )Yes. Very.

(The Master calls a lift. It is empty.)
The Master: Right. Come on, then, hop in. Straight down. Tardis.
Missy: Come here.
The Master: I'm sorry?
(She plants her parasol in the ground.)
Missy: Come here, I said.
The Master: Seriously? Are we really going to do this?
(He embraces her.)
Missy: I loved being you. Every second of it. Oh, the way you burn like a sun. Like a whole screaming world on fire. I remember that feeling, and I always will. And I will always miss it.
The Master: Now that was really very nicely done.
Missy: Thank you.
(He has blood on his fingers and she has a stiletto blade)
The Master: It's good to know I haven't lost my touch.
Missy: You deserve my best.

The Master: How long do I have?
Missy: Oh, I was precise. You'll be able to make it back to your Tardis, maybe even get a cuppa, although you might leak a little.
The Master: And then regenerate into you.
Missy: Welcome to the sisterhood.
The Master: Missy? Seriously, why?
Missy: Oh, because he's right. Because it's time to stand with him. It's where we've always been going, and it's happening now, today. It's time to stand with the Doctor.
The Master: No. Never. Missy! I will never stand with the Doctor!
Missy: Yes, my dear, you will.
(So the Master zaps her in the back with his triple barrelled sonic whatever.)
The Master: Don't bother trying to regenerate. You got the full blast. (They both laugh.) You see, Missy, this is where we've always been going. This is our perfect ending. We shoot ourselves in the back.

The Doctor: Telos! Sealed you into your ice tombs! Voga! Canary Wharf! Planet 14! Every single time, you lose. Even on the Moon. (He gets zapped in the back by an early-style Cyberman.) Ah! Hello. I'm the Doctor.
Cyberman: Doctors are not required.
(It aims its helmet weapon directly at his chest.)
The Doctor: Argh! No, no. I'm not a doctor. I am the Doctor. The original, you might say. (It blasts him again. He falls to his knees. The regeneration energy builds in his hand.) Doctor. Doctor, let it go. Time enough. (He raises the sonic screwdriver and detonates a massive explosion. He lies amidst fires, watched by a weeping brown eye.) Pity. No stars. I hoped there'd be stars.

The Doctor: Sontarans perverting the course of human history! I don't want to go. When the Doctor, when the Doctor was me. When the Doctor was me. It's starting. I'm regenerating. No! No! No! No! No! No! (The regeneration stops, and the Tardis has materialised.) Where have you taken me? If you're trying to make a point, I'm not listening. I don't want to change again. Never again! I can't keep on being somebody else. Wherever it is, I'm staying.
(He runs outside into a snowstorm, and the Cloister Bell sounds.) No! (He plunges his hands into the snow with a sizzle. The regeneration stops again.) I will not change.
1st Doctor: I will not change. I will not! No, no, no, no. The whole thing's ridiculous.
The Doctor: Hello? Is someone there?
1st Doctor: Who is that?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor.
(The elderly figure in checked trousers, cape, scarf and astrakhan hat comes into view.)
1st Doctor: The Doctor. Oh, I don't think so. No, dear me, no. You may be a doctor, but I am the Doctor. The original, you might say.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty