View Single Post
Old 12th April 2020, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
The house where Evil dwells,has a fairly interesting premise. Samurai catches wife having an affair, samurai kills wife and lover,go forward a few hundred years to an American family moving into the house where the murders occurred. Condemned by bad karma the ghosts now inhabit the house and intended to haunt any one who dares occupy the premises. Susan George and husband Edward Albert,move into the house,and are soon experiencing some ghostly shenanigans, although it's mostly Susan George being egged on to having an affair with hairy chested actor Doug McClure.And while I get the impression we are meant to take it seriously,the scenes where the ghosts just seem to hang about watching the family and sometimes possess somebody by walking through them,are so mundane and pedestrian that they fail to raise any scares or suspense. Speaking of thing's raising we do get a topless scene with Susan George, but apart from this, the director Kevin Connor doesn't manage to illicit anything more than boredom...

The first time I watched this I fell asleep

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]