View Single Post
Old 13th April 2020, 10:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Empire of the Ants (1977)

I always feel that if you're going to dump radioactive waste illegally,then perhaps you should not advertise the fact by writing Radioactive Waste in big red letters. Also anyone stupid enough to open a drum of radiation, probably couldn't read the signs saying do not open. It's like writing do not drink on a bottle of bleach,I think it's called natural selection. Which is pretty much what the ants in Empire of the Ants have in mind, basically to giant ants, humans are either food or cheap labour, sounds like real Life to me, well apart from the giant ants bit..Joan Collins and her seedy sidekick Charlie are trying to sell some worthless seaside real estate to a bunch of loser's who couldn't afford the bus ticket home let alone a house..Bert I Gordon delivers schlocky monster mayhem but in the style of a TV movie,but it does bring back those halcyon days of the 1950s giant monster flicks but with a twist of 1970s grindhouse and polyester flairs for good measure.. Probably not as much fun as say Food of the god's, but there's something satisfyingly about seeing Joan Collins harassed by insects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ants_Empire_Of_Movie_Poster.jpg (101.3 KB, 5 views)