View Single Post
Old 21st April 2020, 10:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Hidden Tiger, Electric Boogaloo (Cannon Films Documentary) & Death Sentence

Hidden Tiger

Billy Blanks fight film where he's a Karate Teacher who teams up with a Japanese trainer in order to get revenge on the drugs gang who shot one of his students. They do this by entering an underground fighting tournament run by the gang's leader. Got all the usual clichés, training montages that sort of thing but that's what you want from these type of movies. Released in 1996 this was released under a previous title Balance Of Power but in the UK, it was given the title Hidden Tiger (To capitalize on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) I'd say this was the last of this type of fight film (As in they know what they are supposed to be and just get on with what we want to see) because modern straight to DVD fight films, I'd say don't contain many fight scenes just the main character going through an emotional crisis and other problems.

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story Of Cannon FilmsThis is an absolutely fascinating and massively entertaining documentary on how 2 Cousins made Cannon Films into what it was. Featuring interviews from people who were in involved with making and/or starring in films made by Cannon, it was just crazy. In fact, I bought Life Force because of this documentary and whilst I haven't seen it yet, It's on my playlist. Also I bet working in a Cinema when both Lambada movies came it on the same day was awfully fun.

Death Sentence

Kevin Bacon becomes a vigilante when a gang murder his family. I saw this at the cinema and this was the first time since and other than a couple of scenes that I remember, it was like watching it for the first time and it was an enjoyable experience. Quite bloody in places too.

Oh by the way this film is 13 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ht.jpg (10.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ebtwusocf.jpg (18.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ds.jpg (11.3 KB, 3 views)