View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2020, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict

main.jpg

After playing the game the other week i set about rewatching the Paramount Friday the 13th films for the first time in over 10 years and i was surprised by my reaction to a few, some i didn't rate at the time moved up my ratings and some dropped.

Here is my ranking.

MV5BYWE5YzI0YWItMzkyMi00ODgzLThjNTAtYzVlMmZjZDA2ZWFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

4 - The Final Chapter.
6 - Jason Lives
7 - The New Blood
Part 3
Part 2
Friday the 13th
5 - A New Beginning
8 - Jason Takes Manhatten

Pta.jpg

All were enjoyable, undemanding and easy to watch at around 90 mins a piece,
I really disliked part 8 at the time but it was watchable enough although dragged a bit in places, still the worst one of these though.

Part 2 was always one of my favourites, but i found the fact that half the councillors disappeared down the pub left me a bit deflated as i was looking forward to more kills.

ti110156.jpg

I remember being disappointed with the later ones on VHS but realise now that a lot of gore scenes were cut at the time, bit of a shame really as that was always the series selling point.

The Final chapter is still my favourite, it's still original brutal Jason but has more interesting characters than the early ones and some classic kills and
dancing.

friday-the-13th-the-final-chapter-movie-review-podcast.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for 7, it's just goofy ridiculous fun so can't face putting it any further down the list.

Friday_the_13th_Part_VII_-_The_New_Blood_(1988)_theatrical_poster.jpg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.