View Single Post
Old 26th April 2020, 09:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Cyber Tracker, Trading Places, Planet Terror & Olympus Has Fallen

Cyber Tracker

This is a 1994 Don "The Dragon" Wilson movie where he's a Secret Service Agent who is framed of a murder of a Technology Company Whistleblower by an evil owner specializing in Cybernetics. He is hunted by Cyber Trackers (Robots that act like Judge Dredd) and eventually teams up with a resistance group. This is the B-Movie equivalent of more bigger films but it's good fun. If you like your B-Movie Action films and you can find it cheap, then you'd do worse.

Trading Places

This is the classic Eddie Murphy and Dan Ackroyd 80's Comedy where 2 which Stockbrokers bet on whether 2 people can cope if they swapped lives. This is the 1st time I've seen it and quite enjoyed it. Must say however I was a bit shocked by part of the scene on the Train which I'm sure wouldn't have happened if it was filmed now.

Planet Terror

Part of The Great Grindhouse project which didn't do as well as first thought. This was the Zombie part and it wasn't bad, it was nice and gory but the scratches on the film got a bit grating for me (Yes I know that's what it was like back then)

I remember a comment saying that people don't pay all that money to go to the Cinema to see scratches and lines (Even it was intentional)

Olympus Has Fallen

Gerard Butler is a Secret Service Agent who is a one man army when Korean Terrorists take over the White House. A bit of a throwback to the straight up no-brainer Action movies that were adored in the late 80's-Early 90's and this wouldn't be out of place if it was released back then. The storming of the White House was exhilarating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ct.jpg (16.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tp.jpg (15.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg pt.jpg (16.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ohf.jpg (15.0 KB, 2 views)