View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2020, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thunderball. 1965.

James Bond is on the trail to the Bahamas to find two nuclear missiles stolen by S.P.E.C.T.R.E. to which the trail leads him to a man called Largo.

The fourth and probably best shot Bond adventure which was remade as Never Say Never Again, this one beats that one by a long shot and the start of the franchise with nuclear weapons hold the world hostage and hope everyone pays or it's adios mustachios.

Adolfo Celi plays Largo (S.P.E.C.T.R.E. member number 2 brilliantly, even though his left eye is covered he has the menacing look and no guilty conscience at what he does or what he will do. Claudine Auger plays the sultry Domino who seems to captivate's Bond eyes and Rik Van Nutter plays C.I.A. Operative Felix Leiter.

This was was perfectly shot with some nice underwater scenes and a nice fight that may have been a challenge to do at that time and seemed to be on a larger budget as well as Bond getting a jet pack at the start , even though i was never keen on this i have warmed up to it a lot over the years.

Thunderball_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

[Placing Fiona's body in a chair after she is shot on the dance floor]
James Bond: Do you mind if my friend sits this one out? She's just dead.