View Single Post
Old 6th November 2020, 02:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Mindhorn. Glad you posted that, Nos. It's a movie i wanted to see but had completely left my mind.

I liked Fantastic Beasts when i watched it and in the months since it's stuck with me more than any Harry Potter movie. If i remember rightly you and others on here were really disappointed with the sequel so i never bothered with it.
Mindhorn is great fun. It's a film which would probably have been better if it was an extended TV episode, perhaps an hour long, because the film feels a bit baggy at times, but I really enjoyed it when I saw it the first time and it's been one I've been meaning to buy for years.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts film at the cinema, something which was a slight surprise because most of the Harry Potter films leave me cold. The second, Crimes of Grindelwald, was a real letdown because it seemed unfocused and joyless by comparison.

With Johnny Depp's recent legal issues, I've no idea what they're going to do for the third film. I think the best thing to do would be to recast Grindelwald and say he wasn't showing his true form in the second film and it was an elaborate disguise.