View Single Post
Old 11th November 2020, 07:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Oh wow I thought I was the only one here who grew up during the 90's.
Yeah I think some people forget just how quiet the horror genre was during the first half of that decade, especially slashers (only one I can think that was both successful and well liked was candyman) if it wasnt a serial killer thriller, had a cast of a list stars or (dear ****ing god) erotic thrillers then the general public weren't interested.

I enjoyed urban legend over I know, it was more fun plus alicia Witt and less predictable as to who was behind it all.
I never saw Candyman at the cinema but i did see Candyman II.

I know exactly what you mean. There wasn't a slasher genre at all until Scream arrived. (That Drew Barrymore opening was out of this world gripping to me) so to see that plus Summer, Urban Legend and Halloween H20 was a bit of a treat.

Then there was the Dark Castle stuff which i also really enjoyed seeing on the big screen - House on Haunted Hill etc.

But for me the best horrors were the classic monster ones earlier in the decade - Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Wolf, Interview with the Vampire, Mary Reilly.

The nineties were far better than the 2010's for horror in my opinion.