View Single Post
Old 15th December 2020, 03:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Hooters

If I remember correctly from the making of on The Thing blu ray, ironically the interior filming in LA soundstage was done during a heatwave,I think they were filming in some refrigerator so you could see there breath in the cold air, anyway I'm sure some pedantic so and so will correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation,which is nowhere near as good as there National Lampoon's Vacation (1983),but does have a couple of good scenes,Clark Griswold wielding a chainsaw in a hockey mask and squirrel running amok...and of course a bit of Benny Hill style sexism....

Clark is looking at lingerie, as a voluptuous saleswoman approaches]
Mary: Can I help you with anything?
Clark: Oh, I was just smelling - smiling. I was just blouse - brousing.
Mary: For your wife? For your girlfriend?
Clark: Uh... huh? What happened? I, uh, heh heh. Well, I guess it just wouldn't... Oh hee hee, it wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they - HOTTER than they are. Whew. It is warm in here, isn't it?
Mary: You have your coat on.
Clark: Yes, oh do I? How'd that happen?
Mary: Because it's cold out?
Clark: Yes, Yes, it is a bit nipply out. I mean 'nippy out.' What am I saying, nipple? Ah, there is a nip in the air, though

Any way certainly more festive than Wild Beasts.(1983)
Well nothing says Christmas like seeing a severed horses head being clevered then feed to a tiger....or rats nibbling a naked woman...mmmm I'm beginning to think this is not Christmas movie after all....