View Single Post
Old 10th January 2021, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Melancholia. 2011.

Justine, bride on her wedding day is struggling to be happy, her sister Claire who planned the wedding have a strained relationship, there is a Blue Comet in the sky, John a astronomer seems to think its Antares. Months later, Justine is separated, the Blue Comet is more visible, Claire thinks it will hit earth and John reassures her it wont while Justine goes in to a state of depression.

This was a tough movie to watch, it feels like everyone in the first part represents the seven deadly sins...or something like that and then the second part deals with depression and mental breakdown. There is a good background score by Wagner, the cinematography is good even though it does seem amatuerish in parts and the acting was brilliant from all, at 2 hours and 15 minutes the film can drag on, I wouldn't say it's recommended to watch on the other hand view it once and see how you feel.

Debut-Poster-and-Three-New-Pics-from-Lars-von-Triers-Melancholia-500x281-e1335323616569.jpg.

I'd never thought i would say these words again...gonna try to watch Antichrist...again