View Single Post
Old 20th January 2021, 01:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
I liked Get Out
I enjoyed It Follows
I liked Hereditary

I just didn't think they were the world changing masterworks that many did.
One of the most interesting films of recent years was Joker, a film directed by Todd Phillips, a man who used to direct comedy films. He has given several interviews stating that he stopped making comedy because of Woke culture, and it's too much hassel argueing with two million twitter followers.

You can't keep explaining jokes to people that don't get them. If you can't say or observe something without fear of offending someone then free speech and expression is dead. As much as people pretend they're not endorsing the snowflake generation, that's the way the world is going.

Hold on to original thoughts, they are a rare and endangered thing.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WAS A POST REFERENCING SOCIETY IN GENERAL AND NOT ANY INDIVIDUAL. SOCIETY INCLUDES PEOPLE OF ALL SHAPES, SIZES, RACES, GENDERS, ETC.

APOLOGIES IF ANYBODY HAS HAD TO THINK AS A RESULT OF THIS POST.

*Not being passive aggressive, just OBSERVING.
You were doing pretty well until your Caps Lock jammed.

'APOLOGIES IF ANYBODY HAS HAD TO THINK AS A RESULT OF THIS POST.'

You are right, its not 'passive aggressive', its just aggressive full stop!

You dress your posts up as if you want to have a reasonable debate then can't resist 'having a go'.

As much as anyone perhaps wants to discuss your view on Joker et al, this isn't the thread for it and frankly I'm not sure anyone wants to have the discussion if you can't keep the personal insults out of the conversation.