View Single Post
Old 27th February 2021, 04:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Friendship's Death' (1987) - Dual version pre-order available from Amazon UK = £15:99

Release date: June 21

"Friendship's Death is a bizarre and absorbing story of the relationship between a British war correspondent (Bill Paterson, Comfort and Joy) and a female extra-terrestrial, named Friendship (Tilda Swinton, We Need to Talk About Kevin) who on a peace mission to Earth misses her intended destination of MIT, and instead lands inadvertently in Jordan during the events of Black September in 1970. The film's intelligent wit, coupled with outstanding performances from its two leads makes this a truly compelling film.

Directed by renowned film theorist Peter Wollen (and his only solo feature) Friendship's Death has been newly restored by the BFI National Archive and is available on Blu-ray and DVD for the first time."

Special features
* Presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
* Newly remastered by the BFI National Archive
* ***FIRST PRESSING ONLY*** Fully illustrated booklet with new writing on the film by So Mayer and full film credits
* Other extras TBC

I'm looking forward to this-Bill Patterson is a great actor!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.