Old 1st March 2021, 10:27 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Confetti

British Comedy Mockumentary which sees 3 different Weddings compete for most original. The competition is organized by Confetti Magazine whose editor is played by Jimmy Carr. The Weddings consist of a Musical, Tennis Themed and Nudist. The Nudist couple are the funniest. It's not bad, goes on for too long for my liking. TBH, it would have been better off, if it was a TV Special.
I agree with your verdict. It's a film I like, but feel watching it is borderline exploitative and invasive because Olivia Colman and Robert Webb were apparently misled about the nature of the nudity, seemingly thinking it would be pixelated.

Quote:
The one thing she can't bring herself to see the positive in is a film she made a few years ago called Confetti. Just saying the word makes her blush. It's a silly little Britflick in which she and Robert Webb play a couple planning their naturist wedding. As soon as she tries to talk about it, she starts stammering. "It's a ****ing turkey. I… I… I... it was the worst experience of my life. You're better off spending an hour picking your toenails. I now never trust anybody. I love people, I believe in the goodness of people, but ever since that, there's a bit of me that died, a bit of trust that…"

Why? How? Where was the betrayal? "The betrayal was how much was going to be seen and what was going to be pixelated." So she and Ed never get drunk and say, "Let's watch Confetti, for a laugh"? "No, no, it's not funny to me at all. I didn't sleep for a year." Because of the nudity? "Yeah. It was horrible. My husband loves me, and I'm embarrassed showing him my body. I would not willingly show anybody my muff unless I'm married to them and I love them, and they love me."

Was she naive to make it? "I was naive, yeah, definitely. We both were." Could she have sued? "It was too late, and actually we did start. But it was so upsetting and Rob said, 'I can't do it, I just want to pretend it's not happened.' I was furious with him at the time, but he was so right in terms of letting it go."
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...addy-considine