View Single Post
Old 14th March 2021, 05:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 231869

A young woman saves up all her money for years to buy here dream apartment in the most expensive part of town because she must have a sea view. After putting her entire life on hold in order the raise enough money the elderly couple selling the apartment decide to pull out of the deal feeling the place is worth double than they put it on the market. But Cheng Lai will not give up her dream for anyone or anything and so begins a brutal rampage against anyone who moves into the apartment i hopes of driving the price down.

This is a pretty unique story with its dark take on the materialism of people and how far people will go to obtain the often unattainable obviously not to the extremes depicted here but people do some crazy things to have the best things to be better than everyone else. The way the story is told works really well constantly jumping from the present to the past from childhood and where the obsession of a sea view came from to the brutal killings to the reasons for the killings i does jump all over the place but they way its done flowed really well and it was never distracting or confusing.

When i said a brutal killing spree i really did mean it because the kills are very graphic and brutal there are some really nasty kills and so much gore but not cartoonish gore very realistic which makes it all the more real well for the most part not sure about the guy smoking a joint with his intestines hanging out and anyway. On a couple of occasions i did winch at how painful looking something was.

9/10
Dream Home's brilliant isn't it.

I always recommend the Network blu or dvd if anyone asks for suggestions when their sales come around. A terrifically gory movie.