View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2021, 07:21 PM
Cult Don

"***DARKNESS UPDATE***

“CHECKING IN 03/22/2021 - This May 3rd will be two years since we announced the BluRay coming from Arrow Video, so understandably many have started asking if it's still happening.

Long story short - YES, the BluRay IS still in the works and we hope for Arrow to officially announce it before too many more months pass. Not sure if it will be released this year or next in 2022 for it's official 30th Anniversary, but it IS still coming.

Clearly we've had a lot of delays and holdups. Complicated technical issues have been a big part of the problems and obviously, like for everybody, the Covid shutdown threw things into chaos and completely off the rails. To start, I had to race to pack out my little production office I was renting and working in to pile it all into my house with about 48 hours notice before they locked us all out of the building. I've been huddled in the corner of what is pretty much a storage room filled with boxes and posters working on a tiny desk ever since.

There's also been a lot of delays due to real life/family situations, including my being plagued by some health issues. I don't vent online much about my personal problems, but early in the work there was a stretch of several months where I had a health scare that just flat out derailed the work. It turned out ok, but the situation was pretty serious. And recently, currently, I've been generally sick for several months. Two Covid tests have come back negative, but now there's thinking I might have actually had it over a year ago and am experiencing long term after effects, what is being referred to as "long hauler" issues. The docs have stepped up with more aggressive testing, but nothing has been conclusive yet. I go in for a high definition CT scan at the end of the month - hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it all soon.

That's not to say I'm completely laid up or bed ridden because I'm not. Though it is in a notably diminished capacity, I am still functioning and work is progressing on the Blu - just very slowly. The fact is, I've worked on it a few hours today, will work on it several more hours tonight, and have worked on it at least some almost every day for the last few months.

I ask that you please excuse what was now clearly a highly premature announcement, a big mistake on my part (due to my excitement at the news) and be patient a little while longer. Straight up, the delays for the most part are all on me (not Arrow Video at all) but I promise it is happening and I'll try not to die before I get it all wrapped up.

I'll post more of a regular update soon.”

BeAst WisheS - Leif Jonker"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic088 - Arrow Darkness.jpg (64.6 KB, 16 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty