View Single Post
Old 28th May 2021, 08:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Friends: The Reunion

I believe that everyone has that one TV Show that transcends just watching it, for me, Friends was that show.

I still remember vividly recording the show when it was shown on Channel 4 on Friday Nights at 21:00 back in the 90's and early 2000's (Terrestrial TV was so much better back then)

I also remember back in the late 90's around October time, shops would do The Videos as Buy 1, Get 1 Free and I would pick them out of sequence, due to what episodes were on them. For the latter Seasons, they would release half a Season before being shown on TV (Eventually the videos nearly filled up 5 shelves) This meant a binge watch (Which we are getting quite used to now) When the final episode aired, I couldn't wait to see it (This was before Torrents, so us Brits couldn't watch it any earlier)

Whenever Friends was ongoing, seeing any films like Scream, Analyze This, Whole Nine Yards, Three To Tango and Lost In Space starring The Actors/Actresses seemed weird (In a good way)

Onto the actual Reunion show, this had so much hype that it couldn't live up to it. There were some excellent elements like them meeting each other again and some of the stories.

The main criticism that I've seen is the James Cordon interview sections and I completely agree.

Fans wanted The Movie and/or an actual Reunion scripted episode and whilst I did want that, now I believe, I've got that closure.

Still have all the happy memories.